Monday, May 19, 2008

Gotta Love My Job!

Do you remember what it was like to be 12 and counting down those last days of school? There was the anticipation of freedom that summer brought, along with the fatigue of concluding a school year. Do you remember planning just what you would do when school was out?
...slept-in,
...stayed up late,
...played outside until exhaustion set in or mom called you to dinner,
...had friends sleepover during the week,
...read,
...watched mindless television,
...aspired to only involve yourself in activities that made you happy…
ahhhh…
Those were the days!!!
WAIT….
I am a teacher---those ARE the days!!!!

Here's to the last week of school!

This I know for ABSOLUTELY sure...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HE&&*^&(^() YEAH!
I am so excited to be done with what seems to be the longest year ever in my teaching career.
I guess the ULP has made it even more unbearable, but for sure I know that I love everyday seeing the kids that want to learn, and even those who don't want to learn, but still tell me they like to come to my class!
I can't wait for it to be more about me!
Lunch at Paneras! Let's start making plans!
Walking for the fun of it!
Suzanne

Shelly said...

I'm jealous....enjoy your summer!

Unknown said...

LUCKY!
I'll never forget the first summer after college. Everything just felt off somehow, like I was missing out on something having to go to work every day! I was: SUMMER VACATION!

Anonymous said...

The last week. Loved it. Ranked up there with the first days really. Finals weeks rocked though compared to teaching middle school.

Enjoy and happy almost summer to you!