Tuesday, June 26, 2007

San Francisco Musings

San Francisco was a blast. What a beautiful, alive city! I don’t think I missed much. The Golden Gate Bridge was much more magnificent in real life. Lombard Street was a TRIP! Chinatown was alive and hopping even late into the night. Fisherman’s Warf provided the best seafood I have ever eaten in my life amid an ambience that only San Francisco can offer.

So here is my top 10 San Francisco-style:

  1. The Golden Gate Bridge - nothing more to add
  2. Napa Valley – esp. the Berringer and Sterling Wineries
  3. Lombard Street – glad I wasn’t the one driving.
  4. City Lights Bookstore – it was like stepping back in time
  5. Winery Tour at Sterling Vineyard– producing and distributing of wine is fascinating
  6. Ghirardelli Square – who can say no to chocolate
  7. Fisherman’s Warf Part I – this is a cultural experience like no other.
  8. Napping in a park next to the Bay
  9. Fisherman’s Warf Part II – the absolute best Dungeness crab I have ever eaten.
  10. Culinary Institute of America – this was, by far, the best dining experience. The food was amazing and watching the culinary experts prepare the food was captivating.

If you are interested here are some photos from the trip: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9319310@N05/

1 comments:

Tanja said...

Marsha,

glad to hear that you had such a great time there! San Francisco is one of my favorite cities ever, so much to see and to do.
Makes for good memories.

Tanja