Sunday, January 03, 2010

Marsha's Most Memorable of 2009

Most Memorable:

Event of the Year:
Our Cruise in July―what a wonderful week.

Family Event:
Would have to have been our Christmas with Kiva. That experienced touched everyone.

Read:
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and more... Set in 1947 it is a composite of correspondence between author Juliet Ashton and the folks of Guernsey island. I loved the strong wome
n and the unusual way the authors chose to present the story.

Movie:
T
he Blind Side – I didn't expect to like this one so much, but enjoyed it on a multitude of levels.

Tel
evision: House/24 – no change from last year.

Accom
plishment: Finishing the United States Air Force Half-marathon in September.

Monthly
Events: My Book Club-I am always excited for our monthly meetings.  We have experienced lots of life together since we began 7 years ago.

Music in
General: Train – Save Me San Francisco – Just the right amount of funk, soul and rock. Favorite song is Hey Soul Sister.

Classical Music:
  David Garrett: David Garrett Favorite song: Thunderstruck

Christian Music:
33 Miles  – One Life. I love the marriage of pop and country. Favorite song: I Loved You Then

Educat
ional Tool: SmartBoards:  We had them installed at school this year and now I can't imagine teaching without them.

15 Minutes of Fame:
  The Herald and Review article about Ginny and me. It was centered around a subject I would have
NEVER thought someone would write about me---running. Go figure.

Memorials:
Mamaw was missed at Christmastime especially. She went to be with the Lord in July. Nancy Cooper, a wonderf
ul friend and educator passed unexpectedly in September. I miss her every day.

Now it is your turn--share your most memorables of 2009! Don't forget to post a link or just add your list to the comments!




0 comments: